At Border Group we value our staff and are proud of how long many of our employees have worked for us. With customer service being an integral part of our success and focus, everyone who works for Border Group, whether they are customer-facing or office-based, plays a vital part in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their dealings with us. Staff who are fulfilled and happy in their jobs create satisfied customers, so we work hard to ensure our staff receive the training, support and recognition they deserve.
Job posted: 26th May 2021
Border Group Ltd is a company recently established from the acquisition by the Lloyd family of the assets of Border Barrier Systems, Border Loos and Border Show Services. In addition, the Intellectual Property of the Rhino Barrier System has been acquired from the American company PolyJohn International, which gives the business full control of this innovative product from design through to manufacture, sale or hire.
This is an exciting time for the business, currently relatively small but with plans to grow all sectors of the business. We are seeking a Management Accountant who wants to be part of this journey, someone that wants to be a key part of the senior management team and contribute to the decision-making process that will ensure business growth and long-term success.
The key responsibilities will be the accurate and timely preparation of financial information and managing the day-to-day financial activities for all sectors of the business, but also to assist the Directors in making critical business decisions by analysing and presenting key financial data. You will oversee accounting procedures and prepare forecasts, budgets and risk analysis.
The ideal candidate will be academically strong, ideally ACA / CIMA / ACCA qualified, but consideration will be given to those still studying for ACA / CIMA / ACCA, be commercially aware, and be enthusiastic and personable.
- Preparation of management accounts, management information and monitor KPI’s and profitability.
- Produce a monthly/quarterly report for the Board.
- Preparation and maintenance of the budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Manage the purchase ledger, sales order processing and general ledger processes.
- Quarterly VAT Return preparation.
- Manage cashflow.
- A key member of the Management Team working on tenders and projects.
- Point of contact for all auditor and tax queries.
- To review and develop core financial processes and controls. Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled every month.
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience of management and financial reporting.
- Effective business acumen and commercial awareness.
- IT literate, with demonstrated Microsoft Excel skills and working knowledge of SAGE.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to get the best out of others
- An ability to plan in detail and ensure delivery of key outputs and to manage expectations
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in commercial as well as accounting activities.
- Be able to work as part of a team and proactively support others in the team.
- Problem-solving ability and capacity to take the initiative.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to ad hoc requests.
- Analytical mind with aptitude in maths.
At Border Group we put our customers at the heart of everything we do. In order to do this successfully, it is essential that everyone with the company works together, so we have created the following core values, which are are designed to support our overall vision of delivering first-class customer service from a family-run business.
- Respect - Treat customers, work colleagues and suppliers the way you wish to be treated.
- Professional - Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times – first impressions count.
- Reliability - Don’t make promises you cannot keep.
- Communication - Ensure that you respond to people in a timely manner and keep people informed. Listen.
- Responsibility - Take ownership of a problem and resolve it.
- Teamwork - Working together as a team to exceed our customers’ expectations.